How do I get a sign permit?
Signs require zoning and building permits. For the zoning permit, bring a sketch or diagram showing the sign’s dimensions and wording, and a sketch of the location of the sign on the property, along with other existing signs on property, if applicable (wall and/or ground signs) to our zoning office at 349 North Center Street.

If the sign is small, these sketches will suffice for the building permit. If the sign is over 32 square feet or over 5 feet tall, however, an engineer will have to provide drawings for the building permit. The drawings will be submitted to Lorrie Moore in the Building Inspections Department at 704-928-2021 or by email.

Show All Answers

1. How do I open a home business?
2. How do I get a septic system site evaluation / permit?
3. Do I need permits for a shed or accessory building?
4. How do I set up a mobile home?
5. How do I get a sign permit?
6. How do I split a lot into 2 lots? Or conversely, how do I combine 2 lots into 1 lot?
7. Can I get my property rezoned?
8. How far off my property line does a fence have to be?
9. How do I get zoning approval for a vehicle dealer's license?
10. When are site plans required?
11. Do commercial or non-residential places have to submit site plans to add accessory buildings?
12. What are some common complaints that the Zoning Code Enforcement Officers resolve?
13. What do I need to do to start a commercial project?